3D Camera Systems
Automation Revolution develops and implements 3D camera applications used in detection of geometry, scenes and objects at a glance in three dimensions in production, logistics or quality check area.
In contrast to laser scanners it does not require moving components and is thus robust and wear-free. The function principle, the time of flight technology (ToF), can be compared to a laser scanner. However, instead of one there are 23,000 receiving elements arranged on the chip as a matrix. That means that not only one point but a complete scene is measured in only one capture.
Besides the distance image the camera also provides a grey-scale image of the scene. Intuitive parameter setting software allows easy setting of the camera-specific parameters. Furthermore a software development kit with example program code in different languages is available.
Benefits of 3D camera detection:
- New digital image chip with 23,000 pixels
- Provides distance image and grey-scale image
- Evaluation with common image processing libraries
- Industrially compatible housing
- Connection to MATLAB, HALCON, PCL (Point Cloud Library) and ROS (Robot Operating System)